What Details Are Required By Digital Marketer For Doing SEO?
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is basically optimizing the website as per search engine requirements so that the website can rank on top of the first page of the Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
SEO is the process of getting traffic to your website by organic or free means from the search engine.
Types of SEO:
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
Details Required to do SEO by a Digital Marketer
Building a website either on WordPress or on PHP it is hard. Building an SEO friendly website is even harder. While building a website it is very important that the developer and the SEO specialists work together, but at times websites are build without considering SEO standards.
Details required to do SEO ba a digital marketer are:
- Website admin panel credentials
- Credentials of Gmail linked with the website
- Admin rights to social handles
Website Admin Panel Credentials
Admin panel is required by a digital marketer to do the On-Page SEO on the website. On-Page SEO is the process of optimizing the individual web pages of the website.
On-Page Optimization of individual pages includes Headlines, HTML tags (title, Meta, and header) and images.
There are various parameters which need to optimize in On-Page SEO are:
- Keywords: Keywords are the foremost important aspect of On-Page SEO. The keyword determines the content on the webpage, so it has to be different for every page. Query on a search engine is basically a keyword, on which search engines show the result.
- Unique content: The content on the website has to be unique and contains a minimum of 300 words.
- Title Tags: This is an HTML tag that exists in the head section of the webpage, this gives Google crawler an idea about what the webpage is all about. It has to be written in such a way that it creates the keyword preferably in the starting.
- Meta Description: Meta Description describe what the page is about, it is also displayed on the SERPs below the title. This is having an important role in the quality of the Click Through Rate (CTR).
- Header Tags: Headlines are important for an article to make it different from others and make it more readable.
- Image optimization: Images gives an aesthetic look to the article, at the same time its size slows down the website speed. So it is important to optimize the image sizes without disturbing the quality. The images must support the article and should include a descriptive title and alt text.
- Internal Linking: Internal linking is a must on the website to navigate a user to relevant content he is looking for.
- Sitemap: Sitemap should be updated and submitted to the Google Search console.
Technical SEO is very important for the ranking of the website. The best part of Technical SEO is once it is corrected you don’t have to deal with it again. In Technical SEO, you help Google to crawl, index, and interpret your website without any issues.
- Site Speed
- Navigation and site structure
- Optimize Robot.txt
- Canonical URLs
- SSL Certifications
- Breadcrumb menus
The above points are explained in detail in previous blog Technical SEO.
Credentials of Gmail Linked With The Website
Once a website is created it is important to index your website on Google so that the crawlers can crawl your website and index it on Google. To index the website on Google, the URL has to be submitted on Google Search Console. This not only index website on Google but also helps in identifying if our website has any technical issue.
After indexing the website it is important to analyze the website traffic. This gives an idea of how people are interacting with the website and this gives us information where we need to improve and target.
For all this, we have to put Google Analytics and Google search console codes on our website. It is important that only one Gmail account is linked with your website.
Admin Rights To Social Handles
Social Media handles are very important in terms of SEO. This helps in creating your social presence:
- Which builds the credibility of your brand,
- Keep your brand on top of mind to your prospects,
- Brings organic traffic to the website,
- Can promote your brand
- Create brand awareness
- It has a higher conversion rate
- Give backlinks