How to Take Offline Business Online?
The world is shifting more and more towards online and staring shopping online for groceries, vegetables, apparel, shoes, medicines, etc. It makes sense that businesses are looking for ways to take their offline businesses online.
Also in the pandemic when it is difficult to market or sell your product/services traditionally taking the business online is the solution to make your business profitable.
Steps to take offline business online:
The website is the foremost important for an offline business to take online. When a user/client is looking on a Search Engine (Google) for business related to you he should see your website on the Search Engine Result Page, so that, user/client knows about your business.
To make a website we need to consider the following things:
- Purchasing Domain:
Domains are purchased depends on what type of business we have. Types of domains are:
If the business type is education: school/institute than it has to be “.edu” like www.schoolname.edu.
Another thing which we have to consider while purchasing a domain is “domain name”. The domain name should be taken keep in business mind, so that, when a user/client search for a business he should relate domain name with your business.
Example: if we want to purchase flowers online than domain name should include a flower in it. Like: www.floweraura.com
- Purchasing Hosting
Hosting is a service that allows businesses/individuals to post their websites on the internet. Basically, it’s a space where your website is hosted on the internet. This can be of various type:
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is perfect for entry-level website hosting
- Dedicated hosting: The server is exclusively rented by you and your website is the only one stored on it
- Virtual Private Server hosting: VPS hosting plan is the ultimate middle ground between a shared server and a dedicated server
- Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting is the procurement of computing resources from a cloud computing provider or facility to host data, services and/or solutions
- Manages hosting: It is a hosting in which a service provider leases dedicated servers and associated hardware to a single customer and manages those systems on the customer’s behalf
For an entry-level website shared hosting is sufficient. For a 5-10 page website which only gives an overview of your business, your products/services, and contacts us page.
What a website can do for your business:
- Drive visitors: Website drives traffic/users/clients
- Educate people about your business: Website educate your prospects about your business/products/services
- Generate leads: Website generate leads for your business, later it is possible to remarket your product/services to those leads/visitors
- Brand authority: It builds your brand authority in your industry.
- Can make sales directly: website can directly sell your products/services that are eCommerce websites.
2. Social Media Presence
Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) presence is a must for taking which can be your potential prospects your business online. It is very important to create your social media pages. Individuals have social media profiles whereas businesses have social media pages. Social media connects or interact with business with their clients.
What social media can do?
- Perform customer service
- Engaging customers
- Generate leads
- Expanding your audience
- Dive sales
- Increase traffic on the website
- Be on top of mind of your clients
It is very important to identify the social media which is beneficial for your business. Like if you are into fashion or travel business Facebook or Instagram best suits your business and if you are selling some IT software/service than LinkedIn would be a better platform to choose.
- Marketing online:
Marketing offline is different than marketing online. Once you created your website and social media presence, it is time to optimize them, run ads on them. For the same, you require some technique and tools, so online marketing requires some skills which are different from offline marketing or you can hire an agency to do it for you.
- Know what kind of product or service you have
It is very important to know about what kind of product or service you have. It is because according to that you have to create your content on the website and on social media platforms.
If you are a service provider like AC servicing, so you have to promote your website or social media to generate leads, so that you can visit your client and provide service. Whereas, if you are an apparel seller you can directly sell your product to your clients.
In both the case, the type of content and marketing strategy are different.
5. You should know your targeted audience:
Online marketing is completely measurable. So it is very important that you should know about your targeted audience. In online marketing, the audience can be target according to age, interest, behavior, region, etc.
Suppose you are institute providing coaching for IIT entrance exams, so you target the kids studying in 11th or 12th classes, you will not target postgraduate.
These are the brief of how to take offline business online, which cannot be ignored if anyone thinking to take business online. This is a very vast topic; all the above points will be discussed in detail later. So, if you thinking to take your offline business online these are the points that need to be considered.